Opportunities Dashboard Overview
The Opportunities View page provides a quick snapshot of your opportunities along with their attributes based on a set of filtering conditions of your preference. Opportunity owners and their managers typically start the BoostUp journey here to review their pipeline and identify the next steps to progress their opportunities forward.
How to Use:
Note that your BoostUp instance may be configured differently and not all filters below will be available.
- Closing in Filter - Specify the period (quarterly & monthly) in which you want your list of opportunities to be closing in
- Changes since Filter - Specify a historical date range to identify any opportunity attribute changes across your pipeline (see #17)
- Deal Stages Filter - Specify the stage(s) in which you want your list of opportunities to be in
- Forecast Category Filter - Specify the forecast categories in which you want your list of opportunities to be categorized in
- Opportunity Types Filter - Specify the opportunity type(s) in which you want your list of opportunities
- Risk Score Filter - Filter your list of opportunities down to a specific engagement risk score (defined by BoostUp)
- Risk Categories Filter - Filter your list of opportunities by specific risk categories (defined by BoostUp)
- Submit Forecast Button - Submit your forecast calls for a specific quarter(s) and/or month(s)
- Save View Button - After specifying your filter conditions and/or customizing the table columns to your preference, save it as a view for the next time you log in so you don’t have to adjust the filters and table columns again
- View Filter - Designed for your convenience, select one of the Views that you’ve created (see #9) which has previously saved filtering conditions/table column customizations of your preference
- Business Types - Redraw your list of opportunities by various business types which are mapped to different types of amount fields or close dates
- Metrics Bar - Quickly redraw your list of opportunities down to a specific forecast category level by clicking on one of the numbers in the bar
- Refresh Button - Refresh the page without having to reset the filtering conditions that you currently have set
- Columns Button - Customize your table columns in a particular order and/or hide any to your preference
- Download CSV Button - Export your list of opportunities data as a raw CSV file
- Table Column Sorting - Sort any of the table columns in descending/ascending order by clicking on the table column title
- Changes since Arrow Indicator - Controlled by the “Changes since” Filter, hover your cursor over the arrow to prompt details of opportunity attribute’s change in value
Field (Table Column) Definitions:
Note that your BoostUp instance may be configured differently and will likely have more than the standard table columns listed below.
- Name - This is the name given to the opportunity record which is sourced directly from SFDC
- User - This is the name of the owner of the opportunity record which is a direct reflection from SFDC
- Account - This is the name of the customer/prospect account associated to the opportunity record which is sourced directly from SFDC
- Stage Name - This is the name of the opportunity stage that the opportunity record is currently in which is a direct reflection from SFDC
- Days In Current Stage - This is a table column unique to BoostUp and displays the number of days the opportunity record has lived in a particular opportunity stage
Opportunity Visibility Filter
Visibility filters allow users to display a set of deals based on Role or Team assignment. Role Assignments determine the Owner or “User” of a deal (e.g. CSM, Sales Engineer, etc). Team Assignments reference your CRM Opportunity and Account teams.
Users can select an assignment from the Visibility filter to display deals where the user is assigned to the selected Role or Team. In the above example, Aaron Rodriguez has selected “Owner” in the Visibility filter. BoostUp will display the deals where Aaron Rodriguez is assigned as the “Owner.”
- Role Assignment - The CSM on the account is not assigned as the Owner of the deal but is assigned to the CSM_Role user field. The CSM can select “CSM_Role” in the Visibility Filter to display deals where they are assigned.
- Teams - The Sales Engineer is not assigned as the Owner or any Role Assignments but is assigned to the Opportunity Team based on your CRM. The SE can select the “Opportunity Team” in the Visibility Filter to display deals where they are assigned.
- Sales Managers - Managers can select Roles in the Visibility Filter to display deals where their team members are assigned. Managers can also select Opportunity or Account teams to display deals where their team members are assigned.